Christmas can go by so fast and before we know it we haven’t made time for many fun Christmas activities. Creating a Christmas bucket list is a great way to make sure you enjoy Christmas.
There are so many fun Christmas activities and often we don’t make time for them. We think “oh I’d like to do ___ this Christmas” but we don’t make it happen.
This is one of the main reasons I like to plan ahead for Christmas. There are so many fun things I want to do and I don’t want the less fun things to get in the way of that. I want as much time for Christmas fun as possible!
One thing that I like to do is create a Christmas bucket list and stick it in my Christmas planner or on the fridge. It’s fun to sit down one night with my husband and decide on all the fun things we want to do that year.
We don’t always do all of them but having the list helps us try to fit in what we can. We don’t want to cram in so much we don’t enjoy it but we also do want to celebrate Christmas as much as we can.
You can make your own Christmas bucket list or if you get my Christmas Planner a Christmas bucket list is included and ready for you to fill out.
Read this list and decide which things you want to try and do this year. You never know, some of these activities may become Christmas traditions.
50 Things to Put on Your Christmas Bucket List
- Make a gingerbread house. (Don’t have time to bake? Try this no-bake Gingerbread house)
- Visit a Christmas market.
- Go caroling.
- Go on a Christmas light scavenger hunt.
- Read a Christmas book.
- Watch a Christmas movie with a fun themed treat.
- Start an advent calendar.
- Make some homemade Christmas gifts for your friends.
- Send out Christmas cards.
- Make a homemade Christmas ornament.
- Make peppermint bath bombs.
- Make Christmas gifts for your neighbors.
- Buy a new Christmas ornament.
- Make homemade dog treats for all of the dogs in your life.
- Buy new Christmas pajamas.
- Decorate a Christmas tree.
- Have a cookie exchange party.
- Have a Christmas themed breakfast.
- Play a Christmas board game.
- Create a Christmas music playlist.
- Make some hot chocolate from scratch.
- Build a snowman.
- Have an ugly sweater party.
- Do some random acts of kindness.
- Start a new Christmas tradition.
- Make a Christmas yule log.
- Make and enjoy a Christmas cocktail. (or throw a holiday cocktail party)
- Take a family Christmas photo.
- Make some paper snowflakes.
- Host a white elephant party.
- Start a Christmas tradition that’s just for you.
- Go on a fun weekend trip.
- Write a letter to Santa.
- Drive around looking at Christmas lights.
- Organize a Secret Santa.
- Go see the Nutcracker.
- Visit a Christmas tree lighting ceremony.
- Have a slumber party under the Christmas tree.
- Make a Christmas scrapbook.
- Go ice skating.
- Host a White Elephant party.
- Make a Christmas wreath.
- Watch Home Alone 2 with a cheese pizza.
- Make popcorn garland.
- Watch a cheesy Christmas movie.
- Make a snow globe.
- Enjoy a hot drink by a fireplace.
- Learn about another country’s Christmas traditions and try one.
- Donate a toy to a toy drive.
- Visit Santa Claus.
Get a Free Printable Christmas Activities List
This is a great list to print off and add to your Christmas planner so you can use it to fill out your own Christmas bucket list. Keep it with your Christmas planner and use it year after year.