Christmas movies are one of the best parts of the holiday season. There are so many ways to watch Christmas movies now and these are some that you should try out this year.
It seems like these less and less of us are buying DVDs. There are now so many streaming options we can have an endless supply of movies at our fingertips without the clutter.
I own a nice collection of Christmas DVDs and digital movies on iTunes because I have to be sure to have my favorites but each year I watch many others on streaming services.
We don’t have cable so I can’t watch Christmas movies on there, it could also mean missing out on Hallmark Christmas movies! I couldn’t possibly do that so I’ve found some great ways to watch Christmas movies online and I want to share them with you.
Watch Christmas Movies Online
If you want to watch on your TV instead of your computer or phone you’ll need a streaming device. There are several great options out there. These are some of the most popular options.
- Apple TV– This is the main option we use. They are devices that hook up to your tv and allow you to download apps including different streaming services. This is perfect for anyone that uses iTunes a lot, which is why we choose it.
- Amazon Fire TV Stick– We have one of these as well. They are a very small and portable option. We use ours to hook up to a projector. They are also great for travel. If you enjoy Amazon’s Instant Video this is a really good option for you.
- Roku– This is very similar to the Amazon Fire TV Stick but there are multiple models. The Roku Express is the cheapest option and is very small like the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Smart TV– Many TVs now have streaming services built it. Check to see if this is an option on your TV before buying a streaming device.
Streaming services as also important when you want to watch Christmas movies online. There are several great options out there now. Many have free trials so you could check them out over the holiday season to see which you like the best.
- Netflix– Netflix always has a lot of great Christmas movies available. They even have some of their own movies that you won’t find other places.
- Disney+– I’m a big fan of Disney movies and they have some great classics like The Santa Clause, Home Alone, and Miracle on 34th Street.
- Hulu– You can find Christmas TV show specials as well as Christmas movies on Hulu. And you can get up to $25 back if you sign up using Ebates.
- Amazon Prime Video– If you already have Amazon Prime you have these service already. If you just want Prime Video it’s only $9. I haven’t done the best job of using this in the past but I want to this year. You can get a 30-day free trial of Prime and use this and get free 2-day shipping for your Christmas shopping.
- SlingTV– SlingTV is a lot like cable but you stream it. You can get different TV channels and it’s a lot cheaper. They even have the Hallmark Channel. You can take advantage of all of the Christmas movies on TV with SlingTV. Get a free 7-day trial to see if you like it.
- Hallmark Movies Now– If you love Hallmark Christmas movies this is a great way to watch them. It’s only $5.99 a month and you can get a free 7-day trial.
Fun Christmas Movie Watching Gear
Christmas movies are best when they are a whole experience. I love to curl up with a warm blanket, a cup of hot chocolate, and a holiday treat while watching. These are just some of the things you need on hand for your Christmas movie watching.