If you want to have a stress-free Christmas getting things done early is the way to go. These Christmas tasks are perfect for getting done in the summer.
Many people don’t want to even hear about Christmas until after Thanksgiving. I get wanting to keep holidays separate but if you wait that long you are setting yourself up for more stress.
The thing about planning ahead of time for Christmas is you actually are then able to enjoy the other holidays a lot more are as well. Think about how much more you’d enjoy Thanksgiving if you knew you already were ready for Christmas.
There are so many things you can do during the summer months so you have a great head start by fall. Everything kind of seems like a blur when fall gets here so it’s nice to have some things already marked off of your holiday to-do list.
What you want to get done in the summer will depend on how much time you have and what you do for the holidays but you should be able to find a few tasks you can knock off your list. I have some ideas to help get you started.
Summer Christmas Tasks
- Make your Christmas meal plan. Start watching for sales on shelf stable ingredients.
- Make a Christmas gift list and start watching for sales on gifts.
- Declutter the house to help make sure it’s as organized as possible before things get busy.
- Start making homemade Christmas gifts.
- Make a family Christmas bucket list and start planning the activities.
- Start a side hustle to earn some extra money.
- Clean out your Christmas gift wrap and make a list of items you need.
- Get your Christmas planner set up.
- Start saving money for the holidays.
- Start using Rakuten (formerly Ebates) when shopping online to earn cash back for the holidays.
These simple tasks won’t take long but can give you a great head start on getting ready for Christmas. I will be back for fall with even more tasks.
Don’t forget to also check out the Things to Buy series where I give tips for great things to stock up on each month before Christmas to get the best deals.
Free Monthly Tasks Printable
If you want to keep track of the tasks you have planned you can use this free monthly tasks printable. It even has space for budgeting information to help you with those tasks as well.
It’s a great way to keep on top of the things you want to do all year. I like to fill them out the start of each month and work through them during the month.
If you want your own copy just fill out the form below and you will get it right away so you can get started.