Drinking hot chocolate and reading these Christmas books for kids is a wonderful Christmas tradition to start with the family. It’s also an affordable tradition.
Christmas can be a busy and an expensive time. Creating affordable family traditions that help you slow down and enjoy the holiday are a great way to reduce Christmas stress.
There are so many great Christmas books out there that are great for kids to read themselves or to read aloud as a family. These are all great options to start collecting.
It’s a lot of fun to give a new Christmas book and some Christmas PJs either the start of Christmas or on Christmas Eve. It’s something the whole family will love.
The Best Christmas Books for Kids
- Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- The Night Before Christmas by Charles Santore
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
- Rulpolph the Rednose Reindeer by Rick Busen
- The Berenstain Bears and the Joy of Giving by Jan Berenstain
- Merry Christmas Mom and Dad by Mercer Mayer
- A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles M. Schulz
- The Nutcracker by Susan Jeffers
- Dream Snow by Eric Carle
- Carl’s Christmas by Alexandra Day
- Yes, Virginia: There is a Santa Claus by Chris Plehal
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- Disney’s Countdown to Christmas
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bell by Lucille Colandro
- The Nightmare Before Christmas by Tim Burton
- The Elf on the Shelf by Carol V. Aebersold and Chanda A. Bell
MORE CHRISTMAS Books
Another great option for Christmas books is Audible. You can even listen to Christmas audiobooks in the car if you are traveling for the holidays.
You can get two free audiobooks when you sign up for Audible. Using those two books for Christmas books to share with the whole family.
Want to start other fun Christmas traditions? Why not watch Christmas movies as a family, check out The Best Christmas Movies to find some to watch.