Up your hot cocoa bomb game with this Irish cream hot chocolate bombs recipe. It’s the perfect adult hot chocolate treat and a fun gift.
Hot chocolate bombs have been all the rage lately. As a big hot chocolate fan myself I’m not surprised and I’m loving the fun different ways to make them.
You can even make a cocktail version of these fun treats. Adding a little Irish cream to these hot chocolate bombs really takes them to the next level and are perfect for a date night at home or a gift for a friend.
Once you make your Irish cream hot chocolate bombs all you have to do is put one in a mug and pour some warm milk over it and you’ll have a delicious Irish cream hot chocolate to enjoy.
How to Make Irish Cream Hot Chocolate Bombs
You’ll want to gather your supplies. You need semi-sphere silicone molds, microwave-safe bowl, spoon or large pastry brush, large plate, small plate, pastry piping bag or ziplock bag, a tablespoon, and ounce measuring cup or jigger. Don’t forget your ingredients as well, hot chocolate mix, Irish cream, milk chocolate wafers, and sprinkles if you are using them.
Once you have your chocolate melted you will coat the inside of your molds with two coats, freezing the molds between coats. During that time you mix your Irish cream and hot chocolate mix.
Then it’s time to fill your molds and stick them together by heating the edges slightly. You can also then drizzle the tops of your hot chocolate bombs with more chocolate and decorate with green sprinkles.
And all that’s left is enjoying your Irish chocolate hot chocolate bombs! For an extra treat, you can top your cup of hot chocolate with some whipped cream or marshmallows.
- Place a large plate into the freezer.
- Pour chocolate wafers into a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 30-second intervals, until fully melted. Stir well between each heating session.
- Using a spoon or large pastry brush, coat each of the mold cavities with the melted chocolate. Place into the freezer for 5 minutes, and repeat to add another coat of melted chocolate, then chill for an additional 5 minutes.
- Mix the Irish Cream liqueur and cocoa mix. Stir well.
- Remove the plate and chocolate-coated mold from the freezer.
- Remove chocolate coated half spheres from mold and place them onto the chilled plate.
- Heat the small plate in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Place one chocolate-coated half-sphere upside down on the heated plate and move around to slightly melt the rim. Add about 1.5 tablespoons of the liqueur and cocoa mixture to the half sphere.
- Place another chocolate-coated half-sphere upside down on the plate and move around to melt the rim, rubbing it around in the excess melted chocolate on the plate.
- Stick that half-sphere on top of the other, and very gently secure the two together. *They should go together with no problem, but if you do have an issue, simply rub a little extra melted chocolate along the seam where there is a gap.
- Pour remaining melted chocolate into a pastry bag or ziplock bag and heat in 30-second increments until fully melted, massaging the bag between each heat session.
- Once melted, cut off the tip of the bag and drizzle melted chocolate on top of the bomb in a back and forth motion.
If desired, add sprinkles.
- To use, place the hot chocolate bomb in a mug and pour 6 oz of hot milk over it, Stir and enjoy!
My favorite Irish cream liqueur is Coole Swan. It's very high quality and made using all-natural ingredients.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 2gSugar: 45gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.