Want to save time and money this year? Buying the right things at the right time can help. These are the things you should buy in April.
Christmas is still months away, but remember last year when we got close to Christmas and everyone seemed surprised it was so soon?
Well, don’t be one of those people this year. If you plan ahead you can go into the holiday season excited and less stressed. And one way to do that is by buying things you need for the holidays ahead of time while they are on sale.
It may surprise you but there are a lot of things you can buy in April that you can save for Christmas.
What to Buy in April for Christmas
- Candy- Once Easter is almost here or over check out the candy. See if there are some items that can be used in baking. You can also freeze the candy to make sure it’s fresh.
- Ham– Hams often go on sale after Easter and you can get a really good deal. Some people recommend only freezing a ham for 6 months so this wouldn’t be long enough for Christmas or even Thanksgiving but others say a year is fine. If you do decide to do it just make sure it’s wrapped really well. The ham won’t go bad in the freezer but it can get freezer burned. Freezing it properly can help prevent this.
- Baking Supplies- Easter is also a big time for baking and many of those supplies will last until Christmas with no problem. Some things to consider stocking up on- sugar, baking mixes, sprinkles, spices, chocolate chips, flour, marshmallows, etc.. Check the dates on these items and for some like flour and chocolate chips, go ahead and freeze them to make sure they are really fresh for the holidays.
- Eco-Friendly Products- Earth Day is another holiday in April that can help you get some great deals on gifts. Things like reusable water bottles, coffee mugs, straws, bags, etc… will likely be on sale and can make great gifts.
- Cleaning Supplies- Spring cleaning is in full force so look for deals on cleaning supplies and household products. Stock up on things and have a nice supply ready for holiday cleaning.
Don’t forget to check your local thrift stores for Christmas decor as well. Many people are spring cleaning and donating a lot of stuff. You may find some real gems!
Speaking of Christmas decor, Balsam Hill is having a spring sale now through April 8th. You can get some beautiful pieces at great prices.
When buying these things you can often save money by using the Ibotta app. You simply scan receipts that contain products they currently have offers for and you can get cash back. It’s a great way to earn some extra cash for Christmas.
Be sure to sign up for my emails below so you will get alerted when I have more “what to buy” posts. I’m going to do one every month and you don’t want to miss them.
Ordering online? Get money back with Ebates. It’s my favorite cash-back app and you can get $10 just for signing up and making a qualified purchase.