Shopping a little bit all year for Christmas can save you money and time. This list of what to buy in February can help you get started.
One way to have a more frugal Christmas is by stocking up on items you will need when they are on sale. There are a lot of great items you can find in February that will work well for Christmas.
February is a really good month to stock up for Christmas because there is so much red and white that works well for Christmas as well. Plus since it’s a gift-giving holiday a lot of gifts are on sale.
Just be sure this fits into your budget and you have already set up your Christmas budget. I also recommend setting up your Christmas planner and keeping track of what you have purchased and where it is so you don’t overbuy or lose anything.
What to Buy in February for Christmas
- Candy- A lot of chocolate and other candy can be frozen and the red and white candy is perfect for Christmas baking. Once it goes on sale after Valentine’s Day stock up. Chocolate also goes on sale and can be frozen and used for Christmas baking.
- Decor- Look for decor that can fit into your Christmas decor. You’d be surprised how much Valentine’s Day decor can be apart of your Christmas decor. Having double-duty decor is a great way to save money and space.
- Gift Wrap- If you didn’t stock up enough after Christmas, after Valentine’s Day look for gift wrap and wrapping supplies that can easily look Christmasy.
- Canned Food- February is National Canned Food Month. If you can find dates that will be good long enough stock up on ingredients you use around the holidays.
- Gifts- After Valentine’s Day, gift sets, cologne and perfume, stuffed animals, and other fun gifts that will be perfect for Christmas are all on sale.
- Home Decor- General home decor tends to be on sale in February. Look for things that can fit with your Christmas decor or that would make nice gifts.
- Candles- You won’t find a lot of holiday scents but you can find some that will work well after Valentine’s Day. They are also great for gifts.
- Organization Products- This is a great time to get a new binder to use to set up your Christmas planner. You can also find organizers for gifts, decor, and all the other things you need for the holidays.
- Winter Gear- If you like to give clothes around the holidays this is a great time to buy winter clothing and gear. If you like to donate these kinds of things during the holidays you can also stock up for that.
Don’t forget about President’s Day sales! A lot of stores have sales on President’s Day and this is a good time to buy bigger gifts or to even buy things you need around the house so that you can save more money for the holidays.
Ordering online? Get money back with Ebates. It’s my favorite cash-back app and you can get $10 just for signing up and making a qualified purchase.