Save money in June and for Christmas by stocking up on items that are traditionally cheaper in June. It’s a great way to save money and be prepared.
One of my favorite ways to save money on Christmas, and in general, is to buy things throughout the year when they are at their cheapest.
Different things tend to go on sale different months so buying throughout the year can save you a lot of money. It’s also nice because you aren’t putting as much stress on your budget for November and December.
I have a budget in my Christmas planner and I also keep track of things I want to buy and what I have already purchased. This helps keep me organized and on track.
June is a great month to buy some gifts because with Father’s Day lots of great gifts for men will be on sale. Graduation and wedding season also means lots of other gifts on sale.
If you are thinking about having a Christmas in July party you can also stock up on some supplies for that. It’s a fun way to celebrate a bit of Christmas in the summer. I’ve loved Christmas in July since I was a kid and Disney Channel would have Christmas specials.
Keep an eye out of those big items on your Christmas list and also check out some of these items that are commonly on sale.
What to Buy in June
- Dairy- It’s National Dairy Month so ice cream and other dairy products will be on sale. If you are planning to start making freezer meals this is a good time to stock up on any dairy needed for those. Cheese can be frozen up to 6 months so also think about if you need some for Thanksgiving. You can also get some ice cream for fun Christmas in July party food. I’ll have a recipe soon that needs vanilla ice cream. You can even freeze milk for later.
- Small Appliances- With graduation and wedding season small appliances are often on sale. If any of these are on your gift list consider getting it now if you have the budget and room to store it.
- Tools- Anyone on your list wanting tools for Christmas? Now is the time to buy them. Around Father’s Day, these items often are on sale and there are a lot of gift sets available.
- Gym Memberships- Did you make any New Years resolutions for weight loss this year? Gym memberships are often on sale in June and it’s a good time to get back on track.
- Seasonal Produce- Wanting to make freezer meals or can some items for gifts? Strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, green beans, lettuce, peaches, corn, and watermelon are in season. It’s a great time to buy these items because they are at their best and usually a better price.
- Summer Gear- Any beach or warmer climate trips planned around the holidays? Get supplies now, they will be hard to find during the winter months.
Don’t forget to use the Ibotta app when buying these items. It’s an easy to use app that will give you cash back on some of the items you are buying. You simply scan receipts that contain products they currently have offers for and you can get cash back. It’s a great way to earn some extra cash for Christmas.
You can also try out Fetch Rewards. It works like Ibotta but you don’t have to find the offers and you get some points for every receipt, even if there are no special offers. I love to redeem my points for Amazon gift cards to use at Christmas time. Enter my referral code, TN8EW, during signup and you’ll get 2,000 Fetch Points ($2.00 in points!) when you complete one receipt.
Be sure to sign up for my emails below so you will get alerted when I have more “what to buy” posts. I’m going to do one every month and you don’t want to miss them.
Ordering online? Get money back with Ebates. It’s my favorite cash-back app and you can get $10 just for signing up and making a qualified purchase.