Save money in June and for Christmas by stocking up on items that are traditionally cheaper in June. It’s a great way to save money and be prepared.
One of my favorite ways to save money on Christmas, and in general, is to buy things throughout the year when they are at their cheapest.
Different things tend to go on sale in different months so buying throughout the year can save you a lot of money. It’s also nice because you aren’t putting as much stress on your budget for November and December.
I have a budget in my Christmas planner and I also keep track of things I want to buy and what I have already purchased. This helps keep me organized and on track.
June is a great month to buy some gifts because with Father’s Day lots of great gifts for men will be on sale. Graduation and wedding season also means lots of other gifts on sale.
If you are thinking about having a Christmas in July party you can also stock up on some supplies for that. It’s a fun way to celebrate a bit of Christmas in the summer. I’ve loved Christmas in July since I was a kid and Disney Channel would have Christmas specials.
Keep an eye out for those big items on your Christmas list and also check out some of these items that are commonly on sale.
What to Buy in June
- Dairy- It’s National Dairy Month so ice cream and other dairy products will be on sale. If you are planning to start making freezer meals this is a good time to stock up on any dairy needed for those. Cheese can be frozen for up to 6 months so also think about if you need some for Thanksgiving. You can also get some ice cream for fun Christmas in July party food. I’ll have a recipe soon that needs vanilla ice cream. You can even freeze milk for later.
- Small Appliances- With graduation and wedding season small appliances are often on sale. If any of these are on your gift list consider getting it now if you have the budget and room to store it.
- Tools- Anyone on your list wanting tools for Christmas? Now is the time to buy them. Around Father’s Day, these items often are on sale and there are a lot of gift sets available.
- Gym Memberships- Did you make any New Years’ resolutions for weight loss this year? Gym memberships are often on sale in June and it’s a good time to get back on track.
- Seasonal Produce- Wanting to make freezer meals or can some items for gifts? Strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, green beans, lettuce, peaches, corn, and watermelon are in season. It’s a great time to buy these items because they are at their best and usually a better price.
- Summer Gear- Any beach or warmer climate trips planned around the holidays? Get supplies now, they will be hard to find during the winter months.
- Gifts for Men- With Father’s Day you can find a lot of great gifts for dads and other men in your life on sale.
JUNE SALES TO CHECK OUT
These are some of the online sales I’ve found lately that could be helpful for stocking up for the holiday season or in general to save money.
- Crowd Cow– Get up to 25% off on steaks, Wagyu, and seafood.
- Old Time Candy Company– Father’s Day Candy Sale save 15% off site wide with coupon code LOVEDAD
- Grove Collaborative– Get free cleaning supplies.
- American Girl- 30% off select favorites all month long.
GET CASHBACK WHILE SHOPPING IN JUNE
Another way to save money in June is by using cashback apps and websites. This will help you save more on the items that are on sale as well as your everyday purchases.
There are many options you can try. You don’t need to use all of these just pick the ones you think will work best for you and remember to actually use them.
- Ibotta– This is an app you can use to scan receipts or use to shop online. It’s even available for Instacart, Uber Eats, Shipt, and Amazon.
- Fetch Rewards– This is my favorite cashback app because it’s so easy to use. You don’t need to mark things to buy as you do with Ibotta and you get at least 25 points for every receipt, including many online receipts. I like to use this app to save up for Amazon gift cards to spend on Christmas gifts. If you use my referral code TN8EW you will get 2,000 points just for signing up!
- Rakuten- You can use the app or website to earn cashback at tons of retailers. I use this to save money for Christmas and I use it while I shop for Christmas gifts to get money back after the holiday season. If you use my link you will get $30 just for signing up and making a qualified purchase!
There are other sites and apps out there as well but these are my favorites. If these don’t work for you look for other options that could work.
Leave a Reply