Shopping a little bit all year for Christmas can save you money and time. This list of what to buy in March can help you get started.
Have you started shopping for Christmas? That may seem crazy but buying a little at a time throughout the year can help you save a lot of money and stress.
March is a great time to stock up on a lot of things you need around Christmas. You can often even find some green decor that you can use with your Christmas decor.
What to Buy in March for Christmas
- Frozen Food- March is national frozen food month so this is a good time to put a few easy meals in the freezer for when things are crazy around the holidays. Just check the date to find ones that will still be good. Another way to save is to use these meals instead of going out to eat and put the money you saved in a savings account to help cover Christmas costs.
- Candy- You may still be able to find some leftover candy from Valentine’s Day on clearance. Buy candy that you can use for the holidays and freeze the candy for later.
- Winter Clearance– The end of the winter gear is going to be on clearance this month. If you like to give any gloves, hats, or any other winter accessories as gifts stock up now.
- Easter Items- Depending on when Easter falls each year sometimes you will find deals. If it’s a late Easter like this year, you likely will want to wait until April.
- Green Decor- With St. Patricks Day you will find lots of fun green decor and some can be worked into your Christmas decor.
- Basketball gear- With March Madness keep an eye on for gifts for anyone that loves basketball on your list.
- Gift Cards- You will often see gift card deals during March. Just make sure before buying that they are good through whenever you need them.
- Luggage- With spring break and summer travel right around the corner you can often find good deals on luggage during March.
Just remember not to overbuy and to stick to a budget! Buying things for Christmas throughout the year only helps if you keep track and shop smart.
When buying these things you can often save money by using the Ibotta app. You simply scan receipts that contain products they currently have offers for and you can get cash back. It’s a great way to earn some extra cash for Christmas.
Be sure to sign up for my emails below so you will get alerted when I have more “what to buy” posts. I’m going to do one every month and you don’t want to miss them.
Ordering online? Get money back with Ebates. It’s my favorite cash-back app and you can get $10 just for signing up and making a qualified purchase.