Want to save time and money this year? Buying the right things at the right time can help. These are the things you should buy in May.
Have you started buying things to have on hand for the holidays yet? Buying ahead is a great way to reduce stress, especially on your budget!
I recommend setting up a budget in a Christmas planner and keeping track of the things you buy in your planner as well. That helps prevent you from overbuying or forgetting about what you bought.
The best way to do this is by buying things that go on sale throughout the year. Each month has different common sales so it’s great to plan ahead.
With Mother’s Day and Memorial Day May is full of great sales that can help you stock up and save for Christmas. These are some of my suggestions for good things to buy in May.
WHAT TO BUY IN MAY FOR CHRISTMAS
- Produce- Do you like to can? Stock up on in-season produce like strawberries and peaches to can to eat later when they are no longer in season or even to give as gifts.
- Gift Sets- After Mother’s Day gift sets and other great gifts will be on sale. It’s a great time to stock up on some gifts. Don’t forget to keep track of them in your Christmas planner.
- Jewelry- Another great gift item to pick up at Mother’s Day sales is jewelry.
- Other Gifts- Journals, candles, perfume and more will be on sale around Mother’s Day.
- Paper Products- Paper plates, napkins, and other paper products often go on sale around Memorial Day. Stock up on anything you may need during the holidays.
- Sunscreen- Do you plan to travel somewhere warm around the holidays? Stock up on sunscreen now.
Garage sale season tends to really get going in May so don’t forget to keep an eye out for good deals on Christmas decor people are cleaning out. A lot of people now post on Facebook sale sites as well.
When buying these things you can often save money by using the Ibotta app. You simply scan receipts that contain products they currently have offers for and you can get cash back. It’s a great way to earn some extra cash for Christmas.
Be sure to sign up for my emails below so you will get alerted when I have more “what to buy” posts. I’m going to do one every month and you don’t want to miss them.
Ordering online? Get money back with Ebates. It’s my favorite cash-back app and you can get $10 just for signing up and making a qualified purchase.