Want to save time and money this year? Buying the right things at the right time can help. These are the things you should buy in May.
Have you started buying things to have on hand for the holidays yet? Buying ahead is a great way to reduce stress, especially on your budget!
I recommend setting up a budget in a Christmas planner and keeping track of the things you buy in your planner as well. That helps prevent you from overbuying or forgetting about what you bought.
The best way to do this is by buying things that go on sale throughout the year. Each month has different common sales so it’s great to plan ahead.
With Mother’s Day sales and Memorial Day sales, May is full of great sales that can help you stock up and save for Christmas. These are some of my suggestions for good things to buy in May.
WHAT TO BUY IN MAY FOR CHRISTMAS
- Produce- Do you like to can? Stock up on in-season produce like strawberries and peaches to can to eat later when they are no longer in season or even to give as gifts.
- Gift Sets- After Mother’s Day gift sets and other great gifts will be on sale. It’s a great time to stock up on some gifts. Don’t forget to keep track of them in your Christmas planner.
- Jewelry- Another great gift item to pick up at Mother’s Day sales is jewelry.
- Other Gifts- Journals, candles, perfume, and more will be on sale around Mother’s Day.
- Paper Products- Paper plates, napkins, and other paper products often go on sale around Memorial Day. Stock up on anything you may need during the holidays.
- Sunscreen- Do you plan to travel somewhere warm around the holidays? Stock up on sunscreen now.
Garage sale season tends to really get going in May so don’t forget to keep an eye out for good deals on Christmas decor people are cleaning out. A lot of people now post on Facebook sale sites as well.
May Sales to Check Out
These are some of the online sales I’ve found lately that could be helpful for stocking up for the holiday season or in general to save money.
- Crowd Cow– 15% off Serve the Best Memorial Day Bundle. Ends 6/1
- Gazelle– 10% off an iPhone 12. Ends 5/24
- Minted– Join Minted More and get 30% off your holiday card order and 20% off on all orders year-round, plus FREE shipping. Ends 5/31
- JoyJolt– Take 10% Off Sitewide at JoyJolt.com with Code AFF10
- Erin Condren– $10 Off First Purchase of $40+.
- Grove Collaborative– Get a bundle of free Mrs. Meyers cleaning products.
- Dropps– Get 15% off of all products.
- HuntAKiller– 20% off the first box coupon, use code FLASH20
- Michaels– Buy One Get One 50% Off All Yarn. Ends 5/17
- Michaels– 20% Off All Regular Price Purchases.
- Overstock– 10% off Free shipping at Overstock.com. Ends 5/17
Get Cashback While Shopping in May
Another way to save money in May is by using cashback apps and websites. This will help you save more on the items that are on sale as well as your everyday purchases.
There are many options you can try. You don’t need to use all of these just pick the ones you think will work best for you and remember to actually use them.
- Ibotta– This is an app you can use to scan receipts or use to shop online. It’s even available for Instacart, Uber Eats, Shipt, and Amazon.
- Fetch Rewards– This is my favorite cashback app because it’s so easy to use. You don’t need to mark things to buy as you do with Ibotta and you get at least 25 points for every receipt, including many online receipts. I like to use this app to save up for Amazon gift cards to spend on Christmas gifts. If you use my referral code TN8EW you will get 2,000 points just for signing up!
- Rakuten- You can use the app or website to earn cashback at tons of retailers. I use this to save money for Christmas and I use it while I shop for Christmas gifts to get money back after the holiday season. If you use my link you will get $10 just for signing up and making a qualified purchase!
There are other sites and apps out there as well but these are my favorites. If these don’t work for you look for other options that could work.
Leave a Reply