You can save a lot of money and stress by shopping ahead for Christmas and watching for good sales. This list will help you know what are the best things to buy in November to save money.
November is here and everything is about to be all about Christmas! The stores will be filled with Christmas goodies, Christmas music is everywhere, and I’m so excited!
November is also when you can really start to stock up for Christmas. More and more food items are going to be safe to buy now and you can even start some holiday baking for those goodies that can be made ahead and frozen for when you need them.
You also need to be finishing up your Thanksgiving planning, if you haven’t already. Be sure to get your Thanksgiving planner so you can get organized.
Once you have that done, be sure your Christmas plan is ready in your Christmas planner as well! Having this plan done is essential when you are buying things ahead of time. You don’t want to buy things you don’t need, that won’t save you money.
There are some things that are better to buy in November than waiting for December. It’s also nice to get as much done this month so you can spend more time enjoying December and all the Christmas fun!
The Best Things to Buy in November
Just like last month candy is a thing to stock up on! The selection will be a bit low but if you can find Halloween candy it will be majorly on sale.
Look for the candy that doesn’t have Halloween packaging on the actual candy. It’s perfect for stocking stuffers and far cheaper than buying the Christmas candy that is just now coming out. No one will care that it doesn’t have Christmas packaging.
You can also use the Halloween packaged candy for fun baked goods. There are a lot of great recipes you can make using Halloween candy that you can have in your freezer for Christmas movie nights and last-minute parties.
Looking for natural candy? Check out the Natural Candy Store.
FOOD AND BAKING SUPPLIES
Thanksgiving is coming and holiday cooking and baking supplies are taking over the stores. Look for items that have Halloween or fall packaging that isn’t really different than the normal items, those will likely be on sale now.
Also, look for sales on all kinds of baking supplies. If you can go ahead and stock up for more than just Christmas time. You can even freeze things like flour to keep it fresh.
Canned veggies, broth, and soups are often on sale this time of the year as well. Canned cranberry sauce is another good thing to stock up on. It’s great to go with Christmas dinner and there are some yummy recipes that use cranberry sauce.
Anything needed for holiday meals will likely see some sales this month. That means turkey, ham, veggies, bread, bread mixes, pie crusts, pie filling, and all the other holiday goodies. Go ahead and plan your Christmas dinner so you know what you can use.
Think about what you want to do with your Thanksgiving leftovers and get any ingredients you need to go with them. I love to make pot pie with leftover turkey so I know I need to stock up on some broth.
Now that we are almost to December some produce will make it until December but not all of it. You can still get a lot of those items though.
Just plan to use that produce to freeze or can use it in your holiday baking. You can even double homemade cranberry sauce and freeze half for Thanksgiving and half for Christmas.
The following are some of the produce you will likely see on sale.
Don’t forget to check the canned and freezer versions to see if they are a better deal than fresh, especially if you will be canning or freezing them anyway.
This is one I’m going to say hold off on in general. If you need it this year or you don’t think it will be around after and you love it that’s one thing but it’s better to buy close to Christmas or even better, after.
If you do want to buy something this month, look for coupons. If you are ordering online be sure to use the tips in the “save even more money” section.
Black Friday Sales
Why do we even call them Black Friday sales anymore? You will start seeing these pop up all month long. Have your Christmas shopping list ready so you can keep an eye out for good deals on gifts.
Be sure to join the Stress-Free Christmas Facebook group where I will be sharing deals I find and you can share ones you find as well. There will also be deals from The Stress-Free Christmas Market to check out.
Here are some sales you can take advantage of right now. This includes special deals from The Stress-Free Christmas Market.
- Crowd Cow: Get 15% Off additional items when purchased with turkey. Discount does not apply to turkeys. Excludes any items already discounted 15% or more. Valid through 11/13/2023
- Old Time Candy Company: Save 10% Off Candy Filled Gift Boxes Using Code: OTC1123 OldTimeCandy.com. Promotion Good Through 12/31/23.
- Grove Collaborative: Get a free holiday cleaning set.
- Minted: 20% off all foil-pressed designs, 15% off all other holiday cards and gifts. Plus, FREE shipping. Use code: SHINE23 Ends Monday, 11/13
- The Wood Stop LLC– Get great ornaments, earrings, gift items like gift jars and games, signs, and night lights, and more. Get 10% off off your order with STRESSFREE23
- Pretty Okay Candles– Get 10% off of amazing handmade candles with coupon code STRESSFREE23
- Maclan & Co– Maclan & Co. specializes in curating a dazzling array of monogrammed and personalized jewelry, gifts, tumblers, and clothing. Get 10% off with coupon code SFCM10
- Dr. Sarah’s Essentials– Shop high-quality eco-friendly and natural personal care and pet care products. Buy three get one free up to $60 value, use coupon code Stress-free 23
- Cupz n Stuff– One-of-a-kind luxury epoxy stainless steel tumblers, glass tumblers, enamel pins, and more. Use code Holiday to get 10% off your first order.
- Bourbon and Bluffs- Find all kinds of great gifts for men. Use coupon code STRESSFREE10 to get 10% off your order.
- Biddle Beads/Sew-Vannah– Biddle Beads / Sew-Vannah offers one-of-a-kind, embroidered kitchen towels, tote bags, aromatherapy, bracelets, and so much more. Use code FREESHIP to get free shipping on any order over $100.
- Wild Balms & Salves Co– Find a wide range of handmade natural skincare items that make perfect gifts. Use coupon code Holidays23 for 10% off purchases over $25. In addition, all orders over $45 will receive a free non-toxic mini Christmas tree wax melt pack in the Frosted Forest Headache scent recipe.
- ShapeUp– ShapeUp is the go-to gift shop for health and wellness lovers. Use code XMAS20 at checkout to get a 20% discount when purchasing 2 or more items. (valid until December 15th)
- Hello Emmi– Beautiful handmade hairbows. Get 10% off any order with code: MARKET10
- BedazzeledByRenee– Beautiful handcrafted beaded jewelry. Use code STRESSFREEXMAS2023 for 15% off any order.
- b.Skincare– Natural and high-quality personal care products. Use coupon code STRESSFREECHRISTMAS to receive 20% off of your order.
- Ambivalent Apothecary– Handmade all natural & organic personal care products. $5.00 off discount at checkout with code: 5OFFOF40. Minimum purchase of $40.00 is required. Discount runs from 11/6/23 through 12/24/23.
SAVE EVEN MORE MONEY IN NOVEMBER
A great way to save more money for the holidays is by using cashback apps. There are a lot out there but there are a few that are my favorites.
One of my favorite apps is the Ibotta app, which is an easy-to-use app that will give you cash back on some of the items you are buying. You simply scan receipts that contain products they currently have offers for and you can get cashback.
My other favorite is Fetch Rewards. It works like Ibotta but you don’t have to find the offers and you get some points for every receipt, even if there are no special offers. I love to redeem my points for Amazon gift cards to use at Christmas time. Enter my referral code, TN8EW, during signup and you’ll get 100 Fetch Points when you complete one receipt.
Both of those will be great when grocery shopping for Thanksgiving dinner items or buying Christmas dinner items early. You can end up saving a lot of money.
And for things you order online use Rakuten (formerly Ebates). All you have to do is install the app and it will tell you when you can earn cashback. You can also get $40 just for signing up and making a qualified purchase.
Don’t forget to also get the free money-saving challenge worksheet by signing up below. It can help you save money and get ready for the holiday season.